KGT supplier of used book bindery / finishing / post press machines. You want to sell your machine or you want to buy a machine? Contact us without obligation, our experts will be pleased to get in contact with you!
Telephone +31 (0)73 54 425 00 - Email email@example.com - Contact form
Go to our book production machine index
Kolbus a family-owned company for more than 250 years.
Kolbus is one of the leading suppliers of new post-press / book bindery machines. In the year 2018 Kolbus was taken over by Müller Martini worlds largest supplier of new post press / book bindery machines. Although Müller Martini is gaining strength in the used machine market for book production lines, Kolbus nowadays remains the most wanted!
In this blog we focus on the Kolbus BF 512 book finishing line.
In the category up to 30 cycles/minute, the KOLBUS BF 512 book production line offers all the performance features of much bigger and faster machines. These include uncompromising quality, a wide format range, easy operation and fully automated set-up. The BF 512 has a compact design and small footprint with the book forming and pressing machine as a component of the basic machine. The BF 512 can process all generally used types of book blocks in all standard formats.
Configuration Kolbus BF 512:
* Pre-heater (optional)
* Kolbus Copilot
* Measuring table
* Star feeder
* Rounding and backing station
* Gauzing station (optional)
* Backlining and headbanding station
* Case station
* Casing-in station
* Book forming station
* Pressing station
* Equipment for processing undersize formats
* Hotmelt nozzle gluing unit for spine gluing in the casing in station
* Hotmelt nozzle gluing unit for joint gluing in the casing in station
* Hotmelt nozzle gluing unit for spine and joint gluing in the casing in station
* Marking ribbon gluing device
* Double case control (for one-piece flexible cases)
* Viscosity control device for automatic water supply to ensure constant glue viscosity
* Equipment for remote diagnosis, coupling with the KOLBUS 3• 60 Service Portal, model AFS 701.W
Technical specifications Kolbus BF 512 (subject to change)
Size range book block:
Width x Height x Thickness
Max. 280 x 375 x 80 mm
Max. 285 x 375 x 40 mm
Max. 300 x 375 x 30mm
Min. 100 x 100 x 2 mm
Size range opened case:
Max. 660 x 385 mm
Min. 210 x 105 mm
Size range finished book
Max. 315 x 385 x 90 mm
Min. 105 x 105 x 6 mm
Up to 30 cycles/min. Net production is subject to sizes, materials etc.
Kolbus BF 512 – 3 stations (excluding gauzing) 11 x 3,65 x 2,8 mtr
Kolbus BF 512 – 5 stations (including gauzing) 12,4 x 3,65 x 2,8 mtr
Weight 17.100 kg
Kolbus developed a large range of book finishing lines: Kolbus BF 36, Kolbus BF 40, Kolbus compact 2000, Kolbus BF 523, Kolbus BF 524, Kolbus BF 525, Kolbus BF 526, Kolbus BF 527, Kolbus BF 511, Kolbus BF 512, Kolbus BF 530.